Beginning, owning, and running a business is an exciting venture…
Much of the business law I do is in connection with divorce and estate planning – from valuing and exiting a family business to making sure there is a plan if a shareholder passes away.
I also assist people in important decision-making, such as what form of business is best for them, and assist with preparing the business formation documents.
Common questions include:
- Should I incorporate or be a sole proprietorship?
- What are the differences between an LLC and an S Corporation?
- What are the tax implications?
- How do I file articles of incorporation with the Secretary of State?
- What do I need to do each year to maintain my business entity?
- My spouse or I own a business, what are my rights during divorce?
- I own a business, how to I make sure things are taken care of if I pass away?
Contact me to discuss your situation.